Monday, March 16, 2009

Quote of the day

She says to me as she tries to itch a scratch (or is it scratch an itch?) "Mommy, something is bugging me. I think its a caterpillar." Today was another really beautiful day. We all took a walk around the neighborhood when Dave was done working. Violet pushed her stroller in front of me and kept stopping at random times. I hit her with Calvin's stroller more than once. She didn't randomly stop anymore for fear of her heal getting clipped. She said "Mom, if you hit my foot I'll just do this." *she stands there and shakes her leg* Towards the tail end of our walk, we saw our old (new?) neighbor Dale Geerdes. He's the guy who used to live next door to us on the river. He is our neighbor on Briarwood Drive also, down about 6 or 7 houses. He was sweeping his driveway and we walked by. It was sort of comforting to talk to him. Not that he had anything comforting to say, but talking to him was like standing in our old driveway saying hi to him like we used to and jabber about the weather and other things. As we said goodbye and walked away, we were like "Ahh! That felt familiar!" There's just something settling about comforting things. We were so used to living at the river house. Things still seem really new about this house and I feel like each season brings a whole new learning experience. I'm just wanting things to be familiar like they always were. Once we go through a whole year in this house I might feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment