Monday, March 09, 2009

Poopy/Pukey morning

I had intentions of going to work out class this morning, but they didn't happen. The kids slept in til 8:45-9 am. This time change keeps the morning nice and dark, I think that is why. Violet ate eggs and toast with us for breakfast while we waited for Calvin to wake up. *warning, do not read while eating!* I think Calvin ate too much last night. When I heard him wake up, I went into his room and the smell was overwhelmingly gross. I looked in his crib and he was covered with poop and puke. I grabbed him, undressed him and stuck him right in the tub to clean him up. After he was cleaned up I dressed him in clean clothes and left him in Violet's room. Of course, he screamed through the whole clean-up process, and to be ditched to go clean up his bedding just made him even more mad. Violet was annoying me because all she wanted to do was SEE everything and TOUCH everything. I was shooing her out of my way almost the whole time. I rinsed off chunks of stuff before throwing everything in the washer on the "sanitary" cycle - this makes the water extra hot and runs for almost 2 hours. I spent most of the morning cleaning up after this mess - using a disinfectant cleaner in his room, on his crib, and on the bathroom floor and tub where he was. We made a trip to Walmart to get out of the house and got some basic stuff like bananas, bread, and other random things like light bulbs and vinegar. We got home, I fed them mac and cheese, and then got Calvin's bed re-made and put them to MUCH needed naps. They were so tired. Violet WANTED to go to bed...for the first time in a long time. She picked out her own pajamas for nap time, climbed in, and told me to pray.

1 comment:

  1. What an initiation!
    You are IN!!
    It's a badge of honor to get through one of those "lovely" days. Congratulations!!
    Mom (- :

    ReplyDelete