Friday, January 23, 2009

I had the most frustrating morning

I should have prayed before I start my day. That is my lesson learned! I went to work out this morning, same thing like every time I go...the morning is hurried because Calvin didn't wake up until 8:30 am. Through screaming, I found a mild but irritating diaper rash, had to feed him immediately because he was starving. Violet ate oatmeal like usual. I was late, got there by 9:15. I decided to stop at Walmart because I had a few things on my shopping list. Bananas, gallon size plastic bags, boring stuff really. But it turned out to be the most annoying trip to Walmart I have ever taken. First I found a parking spot, got the kids loaded into my arms and walked in. Violet screamed the whole time walking in because the wind was cold. Got all settled into the shopping cart, and I realized my shopping list was IN the car. Ughhh....So I had to take them back outside (yes, screaming the whole time) to the car just to get my little list with 15 things on it. No way could I try to wing it and just remember what I had written down, I don't trust my memory like that anymore. I found everything I needed while at the same time, constantly corraling Violet to follow me, come here, move away from that, don't touch that, it was really annoying me. As I was finished shopping and was leaving the check out counter, I realized I couldn't find Calvin's hat. His really nice, blue fleece hat. His only winter hat that keeps his head, ears and cheeks warm. Another Ughhhhhh. So after loading up all my groceries/stuff into bags, I had to turn around and retrace ALL my steps in Walmart looking on the floor in all the aisles looking for his hat. I wasn't leaving with out it. I looked (while pushing an extremely heavy cart) for about 15-20 minutes, but couldn't find it. I checked at Customer Service to see if anybody had turned in a blue fleece kid's hat, and the lady checked and said no. I left my name and number for them to call me if someone did. I got them back out to the car (yep, while they screamed the whole time because of the wind, and Calvin's little head was probably freezing although he had a hood on his coat which I used, but doesn't seal out air). I just had to sit in the car and fume for a minute before driving...I just had it. Calvin was screaming and Violet was screaming, it was just a screaming morning. I think most the morning could have been somewhat tolerable if there wasn't so much screaming. My head was pounding and I just had to sit and cool down before driving home. I was dreading coming home because that meant I had to feed them and put `em down for naps - which usually meant a fight on Violet's part with what I feed her, even if she likes the food, she gives me a hard time. Calvin dropped all his lunch on the floor. She surprisingly didn't give me too hard of a time going down for a nap, which was nice. Calvin was happy to go to bed. He buried his head in his blanket with his paci and knocked out no problem. So then I spent the first part of naptime taking a shower, drying my hair, getting dressed, throwing in a load of laundry, and cleaning up the kitchen/table because all the mess and stuff was driving me nuts. I'm sitting here now and they'll probably be up with in the next hour. Aghhh!! And there is already a lot more to get done before Violet's party tomorrow. Ok...disclaimer for this post. I'm obviously frustrated. The moment will pass, just like it always does, and I'll look back and realize what I did wrong and how I could have handled every situation a little better, a little more Christ-like. But I'm just typing away and venting.... So yeah...I'm going to pray next time I start my day.

2 comments:

  1. Through is faith!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ so true, that made me smile. I'll remember one thing from Bible Study!

    ReplyDelete