Thursday, August 18, 2011

Today definitely feels different with Violet at school

It has been amazingly quiet.  To my surprise, Calvin has played REALLY well on his own.  I think he was downstairs putting his trains and tracks together for two hours, I was able to get laundry downstairs, sorted and started.  I emptied and loaded the dishwasher uninterrupted, made a batch of muffins (banana with chocolate chips) for snacking, I wanted something special for Violet to have when she gets home from school (still weird to type that).
Vanessa took a nap around noon after lunch and she's still sleeping.  I just love that Dave works from home so in the event of a napping kid, I can leave them sleeping to go run and pick her up. 
Calvin enjoyed a muffin, and is off playing with trucks on the deck.  Its a gorgeous day.  I don't think he misses her much YET...we'll see how the rest of the year pans out.  But today's gone well.
I have had moments of sadness, I am programmed when making meals and getting food ready to get two plates, today I only had to get one plate.  Calvin ate on the table outside alone (in the warm sun like he requested), I sat with him to keep him company. 
Violet was just so sweet and happy this morning, I know she isn't like that all the time, but it was hard to let her go when she was on her best behavior, it just made me want to hug and snuggle her all day, even though she wouldn't have let me.  Then I remember the major attitude she gave me yesterday and the "are you REALLY fighting about that?" moments between Violet and Calvin each day this past summer and I am instantly reassured that we made the right decision to have her go to school....and I am glad that he has a more time to himself and can do what he wants with out Violet bossing him around.  Just need time to adjust to this new schedule and routine. 
I go to pick her up in 15 minutes, I am excited to see her and I wonder what she will have to say!?


1 comment: