Friday, August 19, 2011

I joined Violet for lunch at school today

Today I went to have lunch with Violet at school at 11:15.  Dave was able to hold down the fort long enough for me to scoot away for an hour.  It was fun to see her for a short time during the day!  She was excited to see me.  I arrived during the eating time when the traffic light in the lunch room was red, and that means no talking.  So I was quickly shushed, and we all ate in silence.  Many goofy faces and silent smiles were passed between me and the other kindergarten students.  Miss Smits turned on the yellow light after awhile and that means you can talk and quickly finish up your lunch.  When the green light turns on, we can get up and throw away trash.  I helped the kids get their trash where it needed to go and I joined the kids for recess.  Violet had fun with the kids, they all seemed pretty nice.  I headed back home right after recess.  Her class lined up and I gave her a high five as she walked down the hallway in line with the rest of the kids to her classroom.



1 comment:

  1. Kudos to you for going to Violet's school lunch!
    What an interesting way to control a group!
    I've never heard of that before.
    Creative...hummmm...rules are good...and I think colored lights would make it fun to comply.
    Hummmmm...yeah.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete