Friday, August 12, 2011

God through the kid's eyes

I am trying to capture some of the comments the kids have had about God lately.  They are so fascinated by the fact that He's so...powerful and can seemingly do ANYTHING in their minds.  Some examples (not conversations, just comments):

Calvin: "Mom, can God swim with no water?"  (on the way home from swimming lessons)

Violet: "Mom, is God faster than ANYTHING!?"  (moves her finger from one side of her body to the other and moves it as fast as she can, saying God moves faster than that)

Calvin: "Mom, can God hear us?  How does he hear us?"  Violet responded by saying, "Yes, Calvin, he can hear us, even if we whisper, you don't have to yell."  Calvin then whispers, "God, you are awesome!" 

Another time we were driving home from Waterloo after running a few errands and it was downpouring rain the whole morning and the whole way there.  On the way home, we came to a stoplight and the rain suddenly stopped and the sun came beaming through the clouds.  Violet said "HEY!  I just prayed quietly that it would stop raining, and God HEARD ME!   He answered my prayer!"  and she was beaming herself in the backseat.  It made me smile.

I know there are more, when I remember I'll update this post.

2 comments:

  1. This is the coolest blog ever! It is very fun to hear their childlike fascination with God and what he is and capable of. Makes me re-appreciate those things too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless that childlike faith!
    Pour in the Word while the door is open!!
    Mom
    PS: And I totally believe God would stop the rain for a child's prayer.

    ReplyDelete