Monday, November 10, 2008

Sold some stuff

I listed a bunch of stuff on craigslist and Ebay yesterday. I've gotten a lot of responses on some things, and 2 things have sold. Someone wanted that white bathroom vanity mirror that used to be in the bathroom at the river house. She took it for $20. Then another lady bought our dog care items from when Abby was alive. A few brushes, shedding undercoat rake, spike collar, leash, leftover Heartgard medicine, and a dog bowl. They bought all of it for $30. I'm putting the money into our 2nd checking account that we used to use for renting out our houses, but since we sold the townhouse, I've just used it to verify my paypal account. I'm saving up for Christmas, I guess. We haven't really factored that all into our budget yet, and if we're going to end up hosting all of Dave's family, we'll need the money. I also listed the old maroon recliner, hammock frame, a lamp, etc...just "stuff" we don't want but is still of value. We'll see how much momentum I keep up with trying to sell stuff. I might hold off until spring time for garage sale season. I'm a little surprised that none of our new neighbors (with the exception of one) have come to say hi. The two girls next door are ages 11 and 8. I had to laugh when the 8 yr old pulled me aside to ask me in a whispered and hushed tone "Can I tutor Violet when she is older?" I guess she's super enthusiastic about tutoring in school right now, LOL. The 11 yr old just rolled her eyes. They seem like nice people. Supposedly the other neighbor on the other side is the athletic director for UNI. We met some people while we were trick or treating 2 weeks ago, but nobody really knew who we were, so it was just a "hi and bye" type of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment