Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I want to remember

my little nursing boy. This morning while I nursed him when he woke up we started playing the copy cat game. He would go "Mmm. Mmm." and I would repeat it. He noticed I copied him, so he let out a little gruntled laugh while trying to suck, and repeated "Mmm. Mmm." I can only assume to try get me to do it again. So I repeated it back to him, and he gruntled laughed even harder. He is so funny. We did that back and forth for awhile. The whole time his both arms are pressing SO hard against me, like he's done since birth, almost as if he's ready to fight the whole time. One arm under my armpit and one arm over my chest. Sometimes he rolls my skin between his fingers, and that hurts so bad. I have to unlatch his pinch so he can let go. He's so ticklish in the morning too. One little gentle rub on his belly and he's cackling. Its so stinkin' cute. He stood up unassisted yesterday. I think he forgot that he did it though, because he's never done it again. Old habits die hard even when you're just 10 months old, I guess. He always crawls to the wall, pulls up to start walking again, then falls down, and crawls back to a wall to pull up again. He even ate a huge piece of lasagna today for lunch. He almost polished off a serving size I might serve up for myself. Man...this kid is going to eat me out of house and home before I get to the store next. Its too easy (but probably unfair of me) to compare my kids' at the same age. When Violet was 10 months, she could stand alone, but just take 2 steps. She also didn't ever figure out how to use a sippy cup and properly tip it up enough to get a drink. She went straight to straw cups and always used those. Calvin can grab a sippy and hold it up to take a drink perfectly as if he has known how to do that his whole life. Weird how different two kids can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment