Wednesday, November 26, 2008

going to "see the rabbits"

We're taking a trip to Cedar Rapids and Iowa City today. The first stop we're meeting Molly at David's Bridal to get Violet's flower girl dress fitted for the wedding, and afterwards, we're turning in the Audi to the dealership where we leased it. I shouldn't be sitting here anyway, because I plan to leave in about 10-15 minutes. Dave is going to drive down later with the Audi and I'll meet him there after we get what we need to do at David's Bridal for Violet. We got some painting done last night and today. I put the first coat of red paint over the fireplace last night, and I got up early before the kids woke up to finish the 2nd coat. I prepped one wall to paint the tan color during Dave's lunchbreak, and we completed most of what I taped. There is lots more to do though! The good thing about the tan color is it is one-coat coverage and its excellent, so there is no need to do a 2nd coat. The colors are beautiful. It looks warmer, richer, and really nice. I can't wait to frame the painting we picked out and put it above the fireplace! Ok, I need to get stuff packed up for the trip....leaving soon.

2 comments:

  1. Maria, Cindy just finished painting the office consultation room in a taupe and our front office area last summer is in a reddish color. Those seem like good matches,and your fireplace seems close to what we had picked out for my personal office.
    I thought your fireplace color selection was excellent.

    DAD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see the rabbits toooooooooo! -Rachel (it's really me, i'm logged into dad's thingy right now)

    ReplyDelete