Sunday, September 05, 2010

Tell About Your Day - Violet

This is Dave, reporting in. Violet and I have a thing where I lay next to her after she goes to bed and we 'tell each other about our day.' "The silly version." After I got done telling about my day, Violet launched into her particularly silly account. She said: "I woke up in the morning and I was a kite. I was flying up in the sky and an old girl was holding the string. She was 59 and she was about to die. *in a high pitched voice she says* 'You're going to die on Monday.' Then there was this bird that flew by and his name was Peekis. And then a string was flying in the sky and it wasn't attached to a kite and it got caught on Peekis' foot. The Peekis was flying like a kite. And he said 'woooohooo!! I'm flying! This is fun!' And a boy was holding his string and he was 9 and he wasn't about to die. And then the old lady said, 'What's going on? I have a talking kite.'" And I forget the rest, but I had to share this little snipet from the imagination of a child. I laughed heartily. I love sharing these times with my little girl. Dave

1 comment:

  1. Wow - I think we have the beginnings of a GREAT new imaginative adventure writer!
    Keep being a good listener Dad!!
    It's more valued than anything!
    Your Mom in law
    (such a sweet name,huh?)

    ReplyDelete