Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Violet gaining more independence

This morning was a very atypical morning. I had to wake up and feed Vanessa a couple times but the last time I didn't even check my phone to see what time it was. Dave had gotten up to go work out at the rec center, and I woke up when I heard the garage door open. I really thought it was closer to 6:30 when he leaves, but he was coming home and it was 8:30. Violet didn't wake up til 8:45, and its 9:45 as I'm blogging this post and Calvin is STILL in bed! I took a shower when I woke up at 8:30 and when I came downstairs, I found Violet in the kitchen by herself munching on a bowl of cinnamon crunch cereal. She proudly told me she got the bowl out of the cabinet, got the box of cereal out of the cupboard, got the milk out of the fridge and found a spoon, all by herself. She managed to pour the cereal and milk with out spilling much. She finished up a gallon of milk that didn't have much in it, so she had gone out to the garage to bring in another gallon of milk. She got the seal ripped off the lid but couldn't open it herself. I'm so glad she didn't get the full gallon open, it is way too heavy and I'm just sure she would have made a huge mess of milk if she had tried to pour the full gallon herself. I was pretty impressed by her ability to manage all those potentially very messy steps and do it in a very neat manner! So now I gotta get Calvin out of bed so he takes a nap today! It is very overcast and raining, I think that may the reason he's still in bed. The plan is to wait for Rachel to arrive (she's driving here I think around 10:30) and got to Chuck E Cheeses for entertainment, also to meet up with our ladies in Bible Study to discuss what we are going to study this fall.

1 comment:

  1. Was this the morning you got 4-5 inches of rain in Waterloo?!?
    What a morning!
    I love your pictures!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete