Thursday, July 15, 2010

Vanessa - 6 weeks

My little girl is doing great. She is cracking a few smiles a day, but it takes awhile to squeeze one out of her. She smiled quicker than my other two babies did! I think her first was at 5 weeks, the other two didn't really smile big til 8-9 weeks. Anyway, I had my 6 week PPD check with my midwive here in Cedar Falls, Sandy Lewis. She said my incision look great and baby looks really healthy. I wanted to see how much she weighed, and I was a little surprised to hear she is only 11 lbs 4 oz. That's only a pound of weight gain in 6 weeks. I checked my older two kids' baby books and both Violet and Calvin passed 14 pounds at 2 months, and they all started out with in a few ounces of each other at birth. Vanessa is 2 weeks shy of 2 months and not even close to that. Every baby is so different. She did lose the most weight in the hospital ~ she was 9 lbs 6 oz when we checked out. So I guess that is a two pound gain. When people ask me how old she is or how big she was at birth, I get the same reaction from people: "No way! Really? she doesn't look like a 10 pounder" She must be holding all her weight in her belly and head, because her arms and legs DO look pretty skinny. :)

2 comments:

  1. speechless...as in worried? Or loving it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hyper diaper! Sorry your pants got messed up!

    ReplyDelete