Sunday, May 09, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

As a family we went out to lunch at Panera (my pick!) after church. The kids split a big portion of mac and cheese, Dave and I had soup and sandwiches, and everybody enjoyed chocolate chip cookies (Dave got a muffin) after the meal, and Dave and I both sipped on hot steamy lattes. Both kids were very happy, it made me happy. During their nap time, Dave went over to the river house to work more on the flood vents. He finished mounting them, and painted them dark brown to match the rest of the paint. I took the kids to a park when they woke up to keep them busy until Dave was done. He met us at the park when he finished up and we went home for supper. Violet and Dave have established a little tradition of making me cupcakes for Mother's Day. It started when she was 2, they did it again when she was 3, and this year they made me some again. She mixed up the batter herself and scooped it all into the muffin tins, and when they were cooled, she frosted them all herself. Dave helped her along the way but for the most part, she did it herself. She picked pink cupcakes (strawberry flavor) and chocolate frosting. They turned out pretty good! I am so blessed to have two such wonderful children and one more baby coming very soon!!! Dave helped to make the day special for me by taking care of meals, diapers, nap/bed time, and all routine cleaning their daily care requires. I'm going to talk to my doctors in Iowa City tomorrow regarding the possibility of traveling to North Dakota for my grandpa's funeral. The visitation is Wed night and the funeral is Thursday morning. Dave is very supportive of driving up there as a family ~ and if he's on board, I might be even more so. I would really, really like to go. I suppose to the rest of the world my decision to take off this late in the pregnancy seems silly, but knowing my history of carrying babies overdue, this still seems like the "safe zone" to me. If the medical team is supportive and leave the decision up to me, I might go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment