Monday, December 07, 2009

Took Calvin to the doctor today

Since Saturday morning, he's been breathing really raspy and coughing at night. He had a bout of this same thing about a month ago and it took a week to clear up. This time I decided he should see a doc, his breathing was not improving and seemed really bad when he would cry. Doc determined he had the croup virus and prescribed a liquid steroid to help reduce the swelling in his bronchial cords which just treats his worst symptom, although not helping the virus which just has to run its course. Its gonna be a long winter if he comes down with this all the time. He already has his first dose in his system and already seems to be feeling better. I am praying that he will get over this before our flight which leaves on Thursday evening, and also that Violet would not catch it. We're heading to Oklahoma City to celebrate Rachel's graduation from orthodontic school! Then a few more days we will spend in Texas with Dave's sister Lisa and her family. Violet is very excited about the plane ride. I also got my flu shot this afternoon. Violet came with me to help me be brave :)

2 comments:

  1. That's great...that Violet had a chance to give you some support for your shot...I bet she took the job seriously and will be all the more responsible for the opportunity to be of help.
    Sorry Calvin is down with the virus...is it allergy related at all? There's been a lot of mold in the air.
    I hear the weather will be better Thursday and Friday...Jay, Molly and I will be leaving Thursday early evening for a half way spot.
    See you in OKC at the Skirvin!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think its allergy related, his raspy breathing and cough appeared suddenly out of nowhere Sat morning.
    See you then!

    ReplyDelete