Sunday, December 27, 2009

Swim night

Dave was looking through the Cedar Falls Rec services online and reminded me of Sunday night swim nights at Holmes Elementary. We decided it would be super fun to go, so we packed up the family, brought Rachel along with us, and had an hour and a half of fun in the water. We were the only 5 people in the whole pool so it was nice to be all alone. The three lifeguards on duty played cards near the pool and watched us. They let Violet wear her life jacket (normally that isn't allowed) so she could swim anywhere in the super big pool. She could touch in the little hot spa everywhere and quickly got bored. She swam all around in the large lap pool (all the lane lines were out), watching Rachel and I do silly things off the diving boards. Dave created a few big splashes. I held Calvin to let him watch Dave and Rachel do flips. His reaction to the first flip he witnessed from Rachel was "Whoaaaa!!!" I did a few flips, I know, I know, I'm 20 weeks pregnant. Didn't really stop me though. I suppose it would have been dangerous but I knew what I was doing. Baby is fine! We had a LOT of fun. We stayed out entirely too late, making a trip to the post office and the grocery store on the way back. We picked up some groceries and stuff to make a cake for Calvin tomorrow. We got home and unloaded the groceries, and both kids ran around the kitchen like CRAZY monkeys eating what we had left for bananas. Got them to bed finally by 10:30. We're all tired and my back is especially sore, maybe I can score a back rub from Dave later.

No comments:

Post a Comment