Sunday, December 20, 2009

Questions

Yesterday while we were eating supper, Violet started asking me questions about the new baby. She notices my tummy sticking out more every day and asks if she can hug and kiss the new baby. Calvin copies her, but he has no clue what is going on! She had some interesting questions, which gives insight to how a 3 yr old's mind thinks about this situation: "Does it hurt when the baby is in your tummy?" I answered no. "Where is the baby's mommy?" I said to her "I am the baby's mommy, silly!" She was like "uhhh...OH!" "Well....how is this going to work? You take care of Calvin, daddy takes care of me, who will take care of the baby? What are you going to do with THREE kids? (while she throws her arms up in frustration)" (She couldn't have gotten that from ME!? ha! I say that all the time to myself!) This made Dave and I laugh. I told her we would make it work. And I reminded her of lots of families with one mommy, one daddy, and lots of kids. Her cousins for example. There are three kids in Austin, Renee, and Wesley's family. There are seven kids in the other LaMarche family. And I reminded her that some of her friends have lots of sisters and brothers. I told her with in a family, one mommy and one daddy work together to take care of all the kids, no matter how many there were, and we love them all the same. She seemed to be happy with that answer. :) And she's been fascinated with the way the baby is going to come out. Daddy told her that God opens a little door when its time to come out, and the doctor can help. She wanted to see the door, I just told her no. I guess we'll see when the time comes how God allows this baby to come out!

1 comment:

  1. Funny. We just say that God made a special way. And if they press on tell them we'll talk about it when they are older. I guess explaining a c-section would be easier.

    ReplyDelete