Monday, December 07, 2009

Snow blower

Dave has been stressing about getting our old 1983 Ariens snow blower working. The snow blower went through the flood and did get wet and rusty in a few places, we don't remember the extent of the damage so his goal was to work on it knowing it was a trusty machine and would start up if everything was working properly. He's worked on it on and off for a few weeks now with no success. He took apart the fuel lines, cleaned out the carburetor, messed with the spark plugs, oil and gas. He isn't a huge engine guy but has learned a lot since getting the log splitter running. We were wondering how the winter would be last year with no snow blower, and it would rough. We got SO much snow, Dave and I were outside shoveling so much, it was such hard work. We have a big 3 car wide driveway so it was no small task. I wasn't pregnant last year either so helping was no problem, this year I knew I would be much less help not being able to lift and throw snow like I could have if I wasn't pregnant. I was getting worried that we were going to have to pay someone to plow our driveway or see Dave suffer and shovel. Well, last night Dave had some time to work on it. He initially went to the garage to put up some metal hooks for his tools to hang up on the peg board near his work bench. He was hanging up tools for a long time, and told me he kept looking back at that snow blower and thought "Ya know, I haven't prayed about this yet!" So he stopped and asked God to help him fix the snow blower and show him what needed to be fixed. He took off the engine cover, looked under the engine, and noticed a little pin or screw underneath the engine and thought to himself, "huh, what is this thing?" and twisted it. Turns out, this little pin was the thing that changed the flow of gas that entered the engine, and he tried starting the engine, and it fired right up! He was so amazed. He called me out to the garage to "show me something quick" and turned it on. I was so surprised! He was like "This was totally a God thing, I would never have figured this out...I just prayed about it and he showed me the answer, just like that." We're really excited about not having to shovel this winter. :) :) :)

2 comments:

  1. Yes God is SO right there!
    He DOES work in the details of our lives if we just give them to Him.
    I am also thankful that Dave is a "do it to it" kinda guy...gets right in there...a God-given drive needed to be resourceful husband and daddy.
    I am very happy your blower is good to go as shoveling is a chore.
    We never owned a snow blower all my growing up days in Fargo, so it just becomes your daily exercise!
    This will make life easier.
    Praise the Lord,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so pleased and thankful to the Lord.

    ReplyDelete