Tuesday, December 02, 2008

I think we're going to attempt Christmas cards this year

And its going to be a feat! Dave and I are usually too lazy to send out Christmas cards and pictures and all that for the holidays. But I'm forcing myself to do it this year. Mainly because a lot of happened this year, I'm sure some people will be wondering what ever happened to us, and also to update people of our new address. I'm thinkin' we'll be in this house for a long, long time...so hopefully it is the last move for awhile, and we stop the track record of moving every year.
I made today the day to take our Christmas picture. I got everybody dressed in red and called up Dave from work to take his lunch break - and he set up the tripod and the camera in the front yard facing the house. As soon as he got the camera placed in the right spot, we dashed outside quick (its only 20 degrees out!), sat on the front steps, took 2 pictures, and ran back inside. BRRRRR!!!!! The pic turned out pretty cute. I uploaded the pic to Clarkcolor.com and ordered some copies to put inside the Christmas cards we got. So I'm commited. All you who are reading, you should get one!
We're getting things planned for the holidays. I found out I can rent a bunch of things from the chapel for the time that Dave's family is all here. An extra table, some chairs, a couple high chairs, and some kitchen items. I'd like to get a big stock pot because I plan to make a huge batch of creamy chicken and wild rice soup on Christmas Eve - that should take care of everybody as they come to our house at different times.
We've done some painting in the house. I think I like it. Not sure yet, though. Its hard to look at bare painted walls with nothing on them. The details will make it look much, much better.
Calvin's favorite word is "uh oh" - still. I can not believe he's gonna be one in one month!! Today for lunch he was a garbage disposal, eating everything else that Violet didn't want. She gave him pieces of banana from her plate and the crusts off her sandwich. He also finished nearly half a can of straight pumpkin. That should do it for his vitamin A intake. :)

4 comments:

  1. Yup, that should do the Vitamin A!
    FIRE UP
    YOU GO GIRL!

    DAD

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the picture is supposed to be a surprise! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will probably never attempt Christmas cards... we didn't even get birth announcements out this time. Cute picture.

    ReplyDelete