Sunday, December 07, 2008

I'm making cinnamon rolls at 10 pm!

I know, I feel kind of crazy. But the house is so calm now that the kids are sleeping, and Dave is out in the garage working on something...there's always something to do out there. So, I decided to fire up my new kitchen aid and make a big batch of cinnamon roll dough. I'm halfway experimenting, though. I am going to try making the dough, letting it rise, rolling it out and putting on the sugar and cinnamon and everything else, forming the rolls, and then freezing them. I want to try make ahead tons of fluffy gooey cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning, so if I can pull this off and make them ahead of time, things will go much better. After I freeze them tonight, I'll pull one out and thaw it overnight so it does its second rise, and see how it bakes up. I've addressed about 45 of the 50 Christmas cards that we're planning on sending out. I got the address labels in the mail last week so those are stuck on the envelopes, and now I'm just waiting for us to finish the letter we plan to write in it and stick in the picture we took. I'm still waiting for that to come in the mail too. Dave told me something cute that Violet said this morning when she and the rest of her Sunday School class were up on stage at Bethany practicing for the kids' Christmas program this morning. Dave had to bribe her to stand up there with a piece of candy. She was so scared. He told her she could hold Ivy's hand, so she held on tight to her hand and then looked at Ivy, and said "You have stripes, and I have hearts!" with a big smile on her face. He said it was really sweet. She was wearing a black/pink dress with hearts, and Ivy was wearing a striped shirt, so what she said was right. ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment