Saturday, December 20, 2008

It leaks..

..anybody know how to fix a leaky air mattress when you can't find the hole?? It lost a lot of air last night. I'm thinking I need to try my other air mattress. I peeled and cubed up 24 potatoes and stuck them in the freezer tonight. One less thing to do to prep Christmas dinner. Dave is working on installing the new vanity/mirror in the downstairs bathroom right now. Violet has woken up from sleeping all night with a dry pull up 4 out of the last 5 nights. She gets so excited to see her 3 little hearts still present at the bottom of her pull up (the hearts disappear if it gets wet). I'm not sure how this started, but she gets a prize every time she wakes up dry, and its a piece of candy. (dad, go ahead and cringe!) She gets a sucker if she wakes up dry. My disclaimer: I brush her teeth immediately afterwards! She probably needs a teeth cleaning soon. All 4 of her 2 year molars are finally all in. She still remembers trying to lay back in the dental chair and crying the last time we attempted getting her teeth cleaned. So I don't know how well it would go over. I think if I wasn't with her, she'd do fine, because she always acts the worst around mom. Of course! I caught on video a really funny moment today. Violet figured out that Calvin laughs every time she drops a toy. So, for about 5 minutes today, Calvin sat and intently watched Violet put a toy on her head and excitedly waited for her to lean her head forward and drop it on the ground, making a big thud noise. He belly-laughed every time one would hit the ground. She then would laugh in return...so it was a funny scene to watch! Another funny: Today while I was in the kitchen talking to Dave about I have no idea what, Violet comes up to me and tips her head to the side and folds her arms. She says "Mom, I was thinking. *long pause* Let's play...hide and seek!"

1 comment:

  1. I could not make Rachel's mattress hold air with tape - maybe some kind of mattress patch would work.

    I heard Joanne say, "I am going to write Christmas cards", but what she really said was, " I am going to make Rice Krispie Bars!!
    Then on another occasion she said.
    "envelope" when she really said
    "Ten below"

    We are getting silly!
    DAD

    ReplyDelete