Thursday, November 12, 2009

Got it removed today

It was really no big deal. My mole is gone! I could barely feel the numbing shot, it was so teeny tiny. The doc had it off in 2 seconds, bandaged me up and I was out of there in 5 minutes. Violet saw my band-aid and of course, asked a hundred questions about it. "Can I see it? Did it hurt? Did you cry? Where did it go?" She is sensitive to getting shots lately. She hasn't had to get one, but she watched Calvin get a flu shot and she took it worse than he did. She screamed, got very upset, and cried and hid behind the curtain in the doctor's exam room when Calvin reacted to the needle. When I picked him up he got over it quicker than she did, I had to hold both of them before she calmed down enough to walk out of the exam room. Just shows me that she was really concerned about her little brother and the small amount of pain he went through. It was really sad and sweet at the same time.

3 comments:

  1. For the dentist who gives 20 shots a day that is a reminder how fearful a child is about all these things. Tell, show and do are part of the lesson.
    I wonder if Violet would benefit by watching you pierce an orange with a needle a few times. (the show part) and how there is almost no hole when the needle comes out. The peel the orange to show the "skin" covering and an inside which the needle has to reach to bring the medicine to help the body. I have not thought through all the questions she might have about the medication yet, so let me think it through some more before trying it.


    DADDDS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really should have prepped her for that moment, I wish I had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is why I don't take the kids to eachothers appointments. Although I had no choice with the flu shots because they were all getting them. They did okay though and Ivy was upset about the others too. It is nice to know that they care for eachother when they don't always act like it!!

    ReplyDelete