Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sparkly legs

Violet had herself in a tizzy while getting ready for bed. Her routine is "three things" which consist of going potty, brushing teeth, and putting on PJs. She sat on the toilet for a longer time than usual, and then got off and fell to the bathroom floor. She started laughing and said her legs were sparkly. I tried to help her stand up so she could climb her stool to get the toothbrush out of the holder, but she could barely take a step. She just kept laughing so I picked her up and then realized that her legs must have gone numb from sitting on the toilet for so long. She giggled and giggled, she was making ME laugh! Feeling eventually came back to her legs, but she'll probably be talking about her sparkly legs for awhile.

1 comment:

  1. Now that's a new one..."Buzzing" "Tingling" are often used to describe that sensation of numbness but "Sparkling" is cute.
    Yeah no doubt her legs lost circulation.
    I sat during an entire gym class which was outside and we were (I was sitting) playing baseball and when the school bell rang I got up to run into the building with everyone else and fell flat...no legs...totally gone...it's a weird feeling...I had no warning it was happening while I sat. So that happens!
    Glad she took it with a sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete