Sunday, August 16, 2009

What a mess!

Violet says to me today "Mom, it hasn't been a long time since I ever painted." meaning: "I haven't painted in awhile!" So...I got out her paints, paper to paint on, and a smock (an old messy T shirt of mine). She carefully used the brushes for the first 5 minutes, but then decided that wasn't fun enough and dug her fingers in to every color possible. I just let her go at it and it entertained her for about an hour. Calvin woke up while she was working on it and he was so jealous he couldn't do it, too! So he got strapped in a high chair with some snacks while she finished up. I wasn't going to risk him swiping the paint from the floor - he can reach, and I know he would have! (never fear readers: She was using water based washable paint...came right off!)

3 comments:

  1. You are WAY more fun than I am. My kids have NEVER painted - EVER. Just another thing for me to feel guilty about. I'll add it to the list. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my sister Ruth could see this!

    DAD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I emailed her the pic.

    ReplyDelete