Saturday, May 09, 2009

I don't realize her capabilities until she's on her own

This morning Violet woke me up at 6:45 something...I was not ready to get up then, so I told her go to play by herself. She actually did, and let me sleep in til 8 am. When I got up, it was because she was on the stairs crying and wouldn't stop. She was trying to bring her stroller upstairs, which was LOADED with all her bedtime stuff...her pillow, every blanket possible, her purple bear, and baby. Calvin was still sleeping and I didn't want her crying to wake him up, so I got up and helped her. I wish she would have just said "Mommy, I need help" instead of screaming and crying to get my attention. I went downstairs to inspect any possible damage of her being alone for an hour and fifteen minutes, but found none, other than evidence that she knows more to do than I thought. She had pulled the cords to shut the vertical blinds across the deck doors/windows because it was "too bright" for her. She carried her heavy wooden stool downstairs from her bathroom and put it against the fridge, filled a sippy cup with water from the fridge dispenser (which meant unscrewing and rescrewing the cap tightly and the right way), and went pee and poppy by herself (and even wiped well! wow!). Calvin woke up around 9 am, and I made some homemade pancakes and dyed the batter pink, so she could have pink pancakes. Good thing Calvin doesn't care yet, lol. She was excited about the pink pancakes and kept thanking me for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment