Thursday, February 05, 2009

Calvin stuff

I forgot to mention Calvin's teeth! I was brushing his teeth last night and stuck my finger in his mouth between his gums in the back of his mouth so I could hold his mouth open to brush. My finger hit something pokey! One of his lower molars is all the way through - so I did some more digging and noticed the 2nd set of his lower front teeth are starting to poke their way through. He won't look like a baby anymore with just 2 little front rabbit teeth. Things that make him happy are: putting a blanket over his head and taking off walking in any random direction. He giggles with delight when the blanket covers his face and he starts walking. I think he anticipates running into something and falling over for fun. He ran into the wall once and sat down hard, laughed even harder, and rolled over, grabbed the blanket, and tried again. He likes to laugh at Violet when she jumps around. He loves food. He ate a ton of that mexican-inspired pasta dish (aka: mexi ziti). He likes to randomly cuddle if he's sucking on his paci and leaning against me with his favorite blankie between me and his cheeks. When he notices Dave comes up for lunch or he's done working, he'll run over to him with delight - let Dave hug him while he leans his head on Dave's shoulder - and then wriggles to get down. Like he's saying a quick "hi!" and then "bye!" He has been bringing me things - random items, and saying "hah!" I'm guessing he means to say "here!" and he fakes putting the phone to his hear and blabbing, sometimes. He's just such a happy little toddling thing. He really only gets upset if he's hungry or overtired. He doesn't do well overtired. Today I had a moment where I knew he was tired, but I couldn't put him in bed because I thought we were getting in the car with in the next 20 minutes. I got him all snuggled on the couch, propped up by a pillow and wrapped his blue blankie around his legs in his lap, gave him his paci, and let him watch a baby video. He sat there mesmerized for 20 minutes - sinking into the couch even deeper like he was in a trance. I think he enjoyed the relaxing time. I sneaked over to try prop him up a little better, but that disturbed his peace. He popped up like he was ready for a marathon and proceeded to ignore the TV and wiggle around, roll off the couch, and take off to do something else. Little booger. Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment