Friday, October 17, 2008

just because we're finally here

Doesn't mean the pain goes away. I was looking at old photos today and really missing the water. I love the water. The beautiful sparkley river that was constantly changing. This house is amazing, don't get me wrong, or think I'm not thankful or that God isn't taking care of me and my family, but gosh, this is still incredibly hard. The flood is going to be our life story for the REST of our lives. We just want it to be over. But it won't ever be. People will always ask us ... so how did you end up in this house? And that will be the forever story. The flood. It will never go away! We are going through cruddy flooded crap every moment we get once the kids go to bed at night. We have thrown so much stuff away, and lots of clean things we have set aside for a garage sale in the spring. I can't wait to get organized!!!!! I'm afraid to put anything away, for fear that it won't be organized or I'll never get to it again. I have a desire to do everything right this time, after living in 5 different houses in the last 5 years (whoa), to ONLY KEEP THINGS that we use on a regular basis, and continually sift out junk we don't want or need.

No comments:

Post a Comment