Saturday, October 25, 2008

cleaning day

What a crazy day. Dave got up and early to meet with Dennis for coffee. When he got back, I had both kids in bed with me because they woke up while he was gone. Violet always gets to me before I wake up, and when Calvin wakes up, all he wants to do is lay in bed with me and nurse. Sooo...it was a typical morning in that way. Dave got home, decided to take the kids downstairs for me so I could shower, and he made eggs, bacon and toast for breakfast. Yum! He used the grilling thing on our stove to make the bacon. It tasted alright - a little weird to have grilled bacon. Anyway...then after we cleaned up breakfast, he got out the cleaning stuff and said "I think I'll clean the toilets in the house." So...he went to town cleaning stuff. He did all 4 toilets, then he got himself on some crazy cleaning spree, and decided to tackle all the bathrooms, every surface. I helped him some. But the tubs, showers, toilets, walls, mirrors, counter tops, even light bulbs all got a scrubbing. He took down the ugly gold light fixtures in the kitchen and eating area and cleaned them, and even late tonight, he went outside and is cleaning the house sconce lights by the garage. Earlier he got the riding lawn mower out to try it and mowed a couple strips of the lawn, then noticed me and the kids were outside in the gazebo watching him. He turned off the mower to greet us, and then somehow couldn't get it started again...which made him frustrated. He determined it needed a new battery, so he and Violet went to Walmart to get a new battery for it. Its too dark now to work on it, but that threw a little wrench in his lawn mowing plans. I got some great pics of the kids outside today in the leaves Dave raked.

No comments:

Post a Comment