Thursday, January 10, 2013

Calvin found a toothpick IN the couch cushion


A very weird, odd discovery was made this morning.  I was sitting on the couch feeding Eli.  Calvin came up to me and pressed his hands into the couch cushion nearest me to lean up towards me for something, probably to greet Eli.  He suddenly said "OUCH!" and jumped back with a start.   He said "something poked me!!" and started to gently feel where he had pressed the cushion and found something sharp again.  I was perplexed for a moment...wondering what in the world was sharp poking out of the couch cushion.  I felt for a pokey spot too.  I got poked.  Calvin pressed further on "the spot" and found a toothpick poking out of the couch cushion.  He pulled it out, amazed.  Both of us started laughing.  What were the chances that toothpick would have been discovered?  So funny.  Calvin was cracked up about it for the next few moments and wanted to go tell dad about it immediately.  I wonder how long it had been there?
 

3 comments:

  1. Oh yes, a tooth pick. Maybe this goes back to when Rachel had this couch at Iowa dental school and a party at her house. Nice detective work Calvin. DAD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good grief!
    With all of the gymnastics in that couch, I'm amazed that stick and everyone bouncing around survived!
    Glad it's out and hope there's no more!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huh! Thats odd. That's the biggest toothpick I've ever seen. Does it have something on the end of it? Looks like a half sucked dumdum. I don't remember using toothpicks much if at all but who knows! Funny discovery!

    ReplyDelete