Friday, April 16, 2010

Violet boom boom

I was often called "Maria boom boom" when I was little. Or maybe even when I was older. :) But poor Violet has had an awful week. She has fallen down more times this week than I could probably count in her whole life. Wednesday afternoon she was running around the house, through the dining room, and smashed the side of her forehead right into a dining room chair. It turned into a purple goose egg immediately. I iced it for 10 minutes and gave her ibuprofen. She fell twice on the deck yesterday, scraping up her hands and knees. She somehow smashed her arm and got a big bruise on it. And this morning she fell backwards in her chair after finishing her cereal. I think she pushed the chair away from the table too quickly (I didn't see it), and made the legs of the chair catch against the grout line in the tile floor. She fell backwards along with the chair and hit her head on the glass door that opens up to the deck. She told me this morning she has lots of owies and needs lots of band aids, and instructed me to tell Calvin to be nice and gentle with her today because she was sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment