Wednesday, April 07, 2010

leaving for NY tomorrow

I'm taking off for New York tomorrow (Glens Falls near Albany) to visit Rachel. My flight leaves at 12:40 pm tomorrow and gets back some time Sunday evening, around 8-ish, not exactly sure when. I wanted to make a visit to see her before this baby is born, and also because her commitments to the orthodontist she is working along side are short-term and I really wanted to see her place and where she works before leaving. Dave is going to be by himself with the kids. I'm sure they will love all the attention from daddy for an undivided span of time! I'm a little sad about leaving, only because my role in the family is so involved, and I will miss them all so much, but I'm also looking forward to the change and getting a break from them, its a catch-22. Dave hasn't ever had this much time alone with the kids by himself so it will be a different challenge for him too. I cleaned quite a bit today, I almost felt like I was nesting. I did four loads of laundry, and even put it ALL away. I got out the bottle of antibacterial spray and went over the whole kitchen, put things away, organized, and swept/wet jetted all the floors. This was after I stocked up on groceries during the time both kids were sleeping. I'm exhausted from cleaning! I know the next 6 weeks before the baby is born are going to FLY by so fast. And we still don't have any names picked out!

No comments:

Post a Comment