Friday, April 23, 2010

Dave's 34th birthday

Dave was on a business trip this week and came home last night around 9 pm. I kept the kids awake so they could see him. I did this by feeding them a late supper, getting them in the bath tub late, and taking my time letting them play in the water. Dave got home just as I was finishing getting their pajamas on. They ran outside in the driveway when they saw his rental car pull up and gave him a huge hug. Violet told him we had a surprise cake in the refrigerator for him. I made my own version of a boston cream pie, using yellow cake mix to make a double layer cake, vanilla pudding as the middle layer, and chocolate ganache on top. We all had a piece of cake, and daddy loved it! Calvin only wanted the chocolate. Calvin said he was "happy now" when Dave helped him get a bite of just the chocolate topping, no cake. We really didn't do anything to celebrate his birthday. He had been gone for two weeks on work trips so we hadn't connected much, we didn't plan a party, and didn't figure out anything to get him for a present. Oh well ~ he was just happy to be home with no overnight work trips in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment