Friday, April 02, 2010

first thunderstorm of the year

Today was the first thunderstorm of the year. It was refreshing to me because I really like thunderstorms and I enjoy a good rainfall, especially in the spring time. The winter was so long and cold that even a storm was welcome! The sky grew very dark around noon, the kids came inside from the deck because it was too cold, and the storm approached very quickly. The rain was heavy, the lightning flashed, and the thunder rolled. Violet told me she was really scared, and immediately ran upstairs to bring her baby dolls downstairs and "comforted" them telling them it was OK and they didn't have to be scared. I got them distracted with lunch, both ate a lot of banana slices and a peanut butter sandwich. I ate some veggie beef soup and Violet asked for a little bit of it. I gave her her own little bowl of soup and she actually ate it! She said she loves carrots, and ate the potatoes which she has claimed for at least 2 years that she doesn't like potatoes. While I was getting lunch ready, both kids were plastered to the window intrigued by the storm. I opened up a small window a few inches so they could hear and smell the storm but it wasn't open far enough that any rain could get in. Both of them wanted to "see" the thunder so badly. :) So cute, it made me smile. The moment turned from sweet to sour pretty quickly. Calvin apparently was "in Violet's way" too much and she purposely shoved him hard enough to make him hurt, and he ended up in tears, and she ended up in time out for making him hurt on purpose. *sigh* At least the pic is sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment