Wednesday, March 24, 2010

New words for Calvin

He now says "pee-pee butter" for peanut butter, "Dora", "ippo" for hippo, and "da-da, da-da, loo-LOO!" for cock-a-doodle-doo. Today we had another successful event on the toilet with Calvin. He said "poopy now" and had gone a little in his diaper. I asked him if he wanted to go sit on his Elmo potty seat and he enthusiastically said "yeah!" and headed for the upstairs bathroom. I put it on the toilet, he sat down, and I tried Violet's tactic of telling him to push it out like a fart. He successfully finished poo-ing on the potty! He was happy to flush on his own, and was really interested in the fact that the poo disappeared as he watched the flush and said "down dere! down dere!" while pointing down the toilet. I don't really know what this means...I am certainly not mentally ready to potty train him so I guess I'll just follow his lead if he keeps acting interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment