Saturday, October 31, 2009

She's feeling better today

Violet slept through the night with no problems last night, and she even woke up really happy, so I think the worst is behind us. Thanks for everyone's suggestions. Dave and I had a lazy morning. Well, I did. He got up around 7:30 am and went downstairs before everybody woke up to get in an hour of work. When Violet woke up I sent her to the basement to see daddy, she was more than happy to do that. I slept in til 9:30 when I heard Calvin screaming. So I got him up and took him to the basement to see everybody. He sat on daddy's lap and watched Violet play a Thomas the Train game on daddy's second computer. We headed upstairs for some breakfast. Dave made me two eggs and some toast, and got both kids breakfast, it was a nice change. We spent some time discussing travel plans for Ohio (to see the Butler family for Thanksgiving) and finalized our travel plans to attend Rachel's graduation from ortho school in December. We got our flights and hotel booked. The kids destroyed the house with toys (I felt like it was a toy battle field!) while we were talking. Tonight we'll head outside for as long as we can stand it and take the kids trick or treating. I don't know if Calvin will do it, but we've got an Elmo costume downstairs he can put on if he doesn't freak out wearing it. Violet is going to wear her princess dress up dress that Aunt Rachel got her. We'll head down our street and back up like we did last year and hand out candy for the rest of the night. It will be a busy street, like it was last year! I bet some of the freaky costumes will scare Violet and Calvin!!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad she is feeling better! Also, Joanne hosted our house for the kids who came for treats.
    They received all of our stash, except one last Reeces Peanut Butter Cup. I got home from the Y at 6:50 and saw the very last one.
    We had a good talk about Jeremiah last night, having finished the entire book through SA last night. God's wrath is an important subject to understand. One aspect of it is that God tell us ahead of time what the punishment will be, as opposed to Satan who never tells us the bad side!

    DAD

    ReplyDelete