Sunday, October 04, 2009

Baby #3 on the way

The journal entry is taking place on Sunday, Sept 13th. I just found out yesterday morning that I am pregnant with #3! I would normally be journaling in my blog but I don’t want to tell anybody yet until I’m further along. Dave and I had been “trying”, sort of. Well, purposely choosing days as opposed to things being more random the last few months. I don’t like the idea of “trying to conceive” because that stresses me out, so it was more making careful choices in my mind. He and I both want another baby, so we are both very happy. In fact, he told me he wants 4 children. I’m not so sure yet. But anyway. I was on day 35 of my cycle, and I knew I could either start that day, or not. I took a pregnancy test the first thing in the morning yesterday and it came up positive showing two lines (as opposed to one if you’re not pregnant) before I could even put the white cap on the test strip. I grabbed Dave’s hand and made him look at it right when he woke up. He was still groggy and plunking around the bathroom half asleep. Those test results woke him up! I think he said “oh no!” which made me laugh. Finding this out is always a little stressful … as if he never really thought it would happen again so he was really surprised. He didn’t mean to react that way, he was very happy. Its still a lot of news to absorb and a lot of information at once. Now we’re going to be officially outnumbered by our kids. I am pretty sure I didn’t forget about it the rest of the day. We went to Cedar Rapids to have a picnic with some relatives. My grandparents stayed the night on Friday night as they were passing through from Mason City back home. We haven’t told anybody yet, not even Violet. I don’t want her blurting the news out to anyone, because I knew she would. Time will tell! So far I’m feeling great. My mind is messing with me. I’m convinced I’m really tired today with a big appetite.

No comments:

Post a Comment