Saturday, October 17, 2009

Great day

Today has been a great day! Dave and I got to sleep in a little bit (a little bit meaning til 8:00 when Violet walked in the room) and we all cooked a yummy scrambled egg and sausage breakfast. Both kids gobbled up the scrambled eggs like it was cereal, I didn't expect them to like it so much. Daddy makes the best scrambled eggs, apparently, because when I make them they never seem to care much for them. I went to Elements Massage to redeem the last of the three massages that Dave got for me LAST Mother's Day. I used two of them, and I had lost the third little coupon, so I called the store and asked if they could check their records and allow me to still use the third one even though I lost it. They said I could, so I scheduled an appointment for today. I got an hour long massage and it felt sooo good, I almost fell asleep. I felt my arm twitch a little, I had to force myself to stay conscious. When I got home, Dave was outside mowing and Violet had already woken up from her nap. She was just wandering around the house when I walked in. She said "mommy, did your back scratch feel good?" The whole family (once Calvin woke up) joined Dave outside for some yard work. He was using the edger to spruce up the sidewalks and edges of the driveway. I used the yard vac to suck up all the extra grass left behind after mowing. Usually we don't have to do that since he mows weekly and the little bit that gets cut off is mulched into the ground, but this time there were big hefty chunks of grass left in the yard. Violet and Calvin walked around the yard while we worked, and we sort of traded off who was watching them. Violet is pretty much fine and trustworthy outside, but Calvin...he's much more difficult. The kid doesn't listen all that great. He sat in the stroller for most of the time so he wouldn't wander into the street. We had to cut off working on the yard and didn't quite finish because I had to be at BBC for a music rehearsal. I'm playing my flute along with some other players for tomorrow's music, and the rehearsal went great. Dave hired Dakota to babysit (he didn't even tell me until last night!) because he decided tonight would be a date night. After the music rehearsal was done, we went out to eat at CU. It was a nice time. The restaurant wasn't very busy, so our orders came pretty quick. We split a veggie risotto, each had a different cup of soup, different entrees (he had shrimp and scallops, I hate pork tenderloin), and we split a dessert. Yuuuumy! Dakota said the kids did great and went to sleep easily. This coming week is going to be a challenge for me. Dave is going to California Sun through Fri.

No comments:

Post a Comment