Thursday, September 03, 2009

Calvin has a new thing

....and its Elmo. He says "Ehhhh-moh!" I got him a pair of Sesame Street pajamas at a garage sale last month. They're so cute, size 3T, I thought they'd fit him next year. But to my surprise, they do fit him now. I guess PJs are made small because they're supposed to be fitted. And he's just a big kid anyway, wearing mostly 2T stuff. Anyway, he gets so excited when he wears them. He pulls the t-shirt part of the pajamas out so he can see Elmo's face and points to it. He also uses a spoon that has Elmo on it. Violet went through a phase where she was crazy about Elmo, maybe Calvin will too. Another thing he's been doing lately is trying to get his hands on anything and everything he can possibly touch while being held. If I'm carrying him in from the van, he has to shut my door, run his hands along the red sparkly strip on the boat, push the door open and shove it closed. If we're walking up the steps, he grabs for the post at the top and hangs onto it - he's like a leech - I have to peel him away from it, and of course, he giggles about it. His favorite things lately are trucks. He actually plays with them like they're supposed to be played with, driving them along the couch and on the floor. He's a little confused though, and says "choo-choo!" while driving his trucks. I know he recognizes trains and also says "choo-choo" when he sees a train or hears a train whistle. Only at a distance is he comfortable with loud trains. A rumble or a loud noise from a train and he's squealing for fear holding onto my legs wanting to be picked up. Another favorite thing of Calvin's when coming into the house from the garage is to take off running (I call it his runway) from the entrance to the fireplace steps as soon as I put him on the floor. I have to slip his shoes off quick! He goes so fast he practically floats. If he's wearing socks, he'll not even notice how slippery it is and immediately fall having no traction on the tile floor. Silly kid. I love him so much. Having a boy is so different and so much fun. Ok, since I'm thinking about Calvin so much, I keep thinking of things he does ALL the time. One of them is to sneak upstairs when I'm not looking and get onto the bathroom counter top and pull out a toothbrush and start to open up the tube of toothpaste. He just loves to sit there and chew on the toothbrush. I always spank him and put him down, telling him no, but he does it relentlessly and repeatedly. Its like he has an addiction to toothbrushes right now. I don't want to lock that bathroom door either since Violet uses that bathroom all the time during the day. Except when his teeth get brushed by mommy or daddy before bed, and then it becomes a screaming event. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment