Sunday, September 27, 2009

Awana started up for the year

We missed the first night (last week Sunday) because we were headed down to AR for the funeral. But tonight was the kids' first night at AWANA. Stands for "Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed" and is a program available at whatever church decides to participate in the program. Its a children's ministry from ages 2 and up through the grade levels. The goal is for the kids to have FUN and hear the gospel of Jesus Christ. Violet "graduated" from her 2 yr old Puggles class and moved up to the "Cubbies". She has more involved stories and a way to earn things on her vest she wears to each Sunday night class. She was initially shy when I dropped her off, but I knew she would quickly warm up to the teachers...all her friends were in her class with her, that feels natural to her. Calvin is a little young but he is already in the Puggles group. Kids around age 2 start puggles, but since he's just a few months shy of that, he's doing it, plus his two friends Evan and Macoy are in there, and based on the first night, he did so great! Of course, he cried when I left him in there, but don't all kids do that? He quickly got over that. Violet sure did when she was younger, it just feels normal. I'm not sure what I would do with a kid that happily said "bye" to me and was OK. Awana starting signals the beginning of fall! September is coming to a close, the leaves are changing colors and falling, and the night air is crisp. Makes me excited to lounge around in sweatshirts, not t-shirts. I'm so fancy, lol. Here's my cubbie and my puggle!

No comments:

Post a Comment