Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Vanessa's 3 yr well child doctor checkup

I took Eli and Vanessa to their 1 and 3 yr doctor checkups, respectively.  I'll write about them separately since that's how I organize the blog.
I asked Mama Row if she would be willing to watch Violet and Calvin while I took Vanessa and Eli to the doctor.  She said she'd love to, so I dropped them off at her place at 9 am and went to the doc with my younger two.

Vanessa was SO EXCITED to be the oldest kid in the group this time.  She got the privileges she normally has to fight for, which are pushing buttons to open doors, pushing the buttons on the elevator, and playing alone with the toys in the waiting room.  She loves the play house, loves the concave mirror on the wall, and looked out the 4th floor windows and noted how many cars were outside.  She also wanted to take pictures with my camera, and took a picture of her feet, the ceiling, one of Eli, and wanted a picture of her in the playhouse. 

She got weighed and measured, and is 31 lbs and 38" tall.  She finally made it out of the 20 pound weight range.  She got to change into a little doctor's exam robe and called it her superman cape.  The nurse told me she would attempt a vision screening if she was cooperative, and she passed it with flying colors.  The nurse was impressed that she stood in one place and would obey the commands to cover each one of her eyes and tell the nurse what she saw on the chart from a distance.  A train, a duck, a lion, and a house. 

She was very shy when the doctor did the exam. Dr. VanSickle asked her lots of questions (What's your name? are you a boy or a girl? what is your favorite thing to eat? do you brush your teeth?) and Vanessa would quietly nod at each question, not giving specifics.

looking for the number 4




Vanessa's photography









"her superman cape" 

more of Vanessa's photography

she even got me in a pic


No comments:

Post a Comment