Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Day of errands!

This was my day....
1. After getting Violet ready for school, take Calvin to preschool.
2. Drive thru at bank
3. Starbucks (I had to, someone gave me a gift card!)
4. Make trip to Honda for van to get oil change.
5. Music store to get new piano lesson books for Violet
6. Pick up Calvin from school, fold load of diapers.
7. Lunch for kids, clean, organize shipment of tea and tea organizer for BBC coffee nook.
8. Vanessa nap, eat lunch myself
9. Pick up Violet from school
10. Go to Lowes to pick up a metal mounting bracket that was missing from a water filter box we got for the church. (I despise extra trips for stuff like this...)
11. Go to Sears and return a dishwasher hose we did not need.
12. Go to Probuild and pick up some little clips to put on cabinets at coffee nook at BBC to prevent them from opening past 90 degrees.
13. Stop at Mauer Eye Center to pick up and try on my new glasses.
14. Go home, break up a few kid fights, start supper.
15. Eat supper. Calvin isn't hungry which is odd.  He starts crying because his ear hurts. We think he is crying wolf because he often has random ailments that magically fix themselves within minutes.  Well...his crying was real and the minutes ticked on and he ended up pitifully snuggling up on the couch with his blankie and grabbing the side of his head.  He had a cold for a couple days so I suspected an ear infection.  Dave finished cleaning up supper and I took Calvin to urgent care a mile away. 
The doc took one look in his ear and saw the redness immediately.  On my way home I got his Rx of amoxicillon.  This marks Calvin's first ear infection that I knew of.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for writing
    DAD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about Calvin's ear.
    He looked kinda "out of it" in the back ground of the pic of Vanessa's color her Valentine card.
    Probably not related...but you have to give yourself a hand for getting all of those details lined up and taken care of...gotta be organized and on top of things...or get buried under the demands. When God says we can do all things through Him, that means we can do nothing in our own strength...even what we manage to do could be done in a more profitable Spirit with thanksgiving if we ask God to give us the wherewithal to deal with things.
    I commend your diligence and know from my own weaknesses that things actually "work out" when God is in charge.
    Again sympathies to Calvin...avoid sugar it feeds all the bad stuff...enjoy more grapefruit and lots of clear water. You all have a nice rest tonight!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I happened upon "The Land of Counterpane" by Robert Louis Stevenson and it is about a little boy and his toys as he lies in bed.
    His cities, soldiers, his pillow hill.
    Sweet narrative.
    DAD

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/the-land-of-counterpane/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah!!!!! Those are some serious errands that you racked up!!!! I was wondering if you might need another oil change by the time you finished that last errand. Lol. I hope Calvin feels better soon! I think an ear ache was the first time that I remember feeling pain as a kid and it was painful.

    ReplyDelete