Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Valentine's Day 2012

We didn't do anything official for Valentine's Day, other than going along with their school celebrations, and handing out valentines for each of their classmates.  We did bake a big heart shaped cookie and decorate it, which the kids really enjoyed.  They received Valentine cards in the mail with gum in the cards too from Grandma Jo and Great Grandma Rowena.

I got to slip away and join Calvin at his preschool Valentine party on Feb 14th for an hour.  I played heart bingo with the kids for an hour, and was able to take a few pictures of him at school.  He really seems to enjoy it, and even with his spunky personality, seems to obey the teachers very well from what I observed.  I was watching him for about 15 minutes before he realized I had walked into the room.


In "circle time" at school, he's wearing the orange/brown striped shirt.

Snuggling up with some other kids and Mrs. A for story time.

A valentine version of "pin the tail on the donkey" ~ this was put a heart on the frog with a blindfold on.

1 comment:

  1. Good for Calvin.
    He's a great kid.
    Love his stripes, his dimples, his attitude!

    My goodness Maria, that is the biggest heart cookie I've ever seen!!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete