Friday, January 20, 2012

Violet's 6th birthday

Thankfully my mom was still here!  I got a text notification super early in the morning saying Waterloo Christian School was CANCELED because of the heavy snowfall!  Yayyy!!  How fun to stay home and have fun all day on a birthday!  Violet was excited to stay home.  My mom also helped us celebrate Violet's birthday as Dave was unable to do much.  The morning started with Violet coming into our room in the morning around 7am, and we said happy birthday to her.  I told her school was canceled so she could pick any breakfast she wanted, so she chose pancakes.  I told her I'd try make my best "6" pancake I could, and she seemed pretty excited about that!  I just realized I do a lot of pancake art with the kids! 




So since school was canceled, there was no official plan for the day.  She put on her favorite brown and pink butterfly dress.  She worked on coloring more of her cardboard princess castle.  Her and Calvin played.  I cut her out a large number 6 out of cardboard so she could paint and decorate it to help with our party decorations.



She wrote "I love you" in purple piant, added blue butterflies, and purple stripes.  All over her "new favorite color" orange.


I baked her cake.  She wanted an orange cake with purple frosting.  She said "I have the best parents!" after picking up on the fact that we were all working on something or another to make her day special.

My mom went out on a little shopping trip to get fun helium balloons.  She also helped Violet put up some streamers.



They worked on shaping some thawed bread dough into snowmen using raisins for their eyes...they turned out really cute.



 




She got a "decorate your own jewelry box" from Grandma Martha ~ this is the 2nd one she has done, but seemed JUST as excited to do it again!
 A butterfly earring holder and some new earrings:

 A fish bowl with fake fish. :)

 Other presents were: A unicorn book she had wanted for months (she saw it at school and wrote down the ISBN number for me, ha!), chapstick on a string, Hello Kitty stamp kit, and here's a family pic!
 Me and my 6 yr old!  wow, I look tired.


Violet wanted cheeseburgers, mac and cheese and broccoli before cake and opening presents.  So that's what we had.  She said she had a wonderful day.  I can not believe she will now be working her way to age 7.  I measured her on her growth chart and she has grown 2 inches since her 5th birthday.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nice write up and the whole event recorded for me.

    LOVE TO EACH ONE
    DAD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria,
    You put in a beautiful day for Violet...a good reason to be tired!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome way to make her feel special, noticed and loved!!! My heart is warmed just thinking about it all. I loved the 6 pancake. It was a perfect "6"!

    ReplyDelete