Thursday, December 22, 2011

Calvin's power

Today, Maria and Vanessa were napping, Violet was at school, I was working and Calvin was booored.  I had a big pile of paper that needed shredding in my office, so I enlisted his help.  He informed me that he was mighty and had power and therefore could handle the work.  I got him started and then scooted back into my desk to get back to my work day, sure that Calvin would be occupied for the next half hour.  About 3 minutes in, Calvin called out for some help.  I turned around and asked what he needed help with, since the machine wasn't jammed or anything.  He just pointed his little finger at the stack of papers, indicating that he wanted help shredding the paper.  I reminded him that he was mighty and had lots of power.  He looked at me, with 100% sincerity, and softly said, "Dad...my power is almost gone."  I guess even mighty superheros run out of power sometimes.  :)  So, I helped him finish and we high-fived. 

~Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment