Sunday, September 18, 2011

Violet got her ears pierced

She has been talking about it for a very long time, but decided that she wanted to wait for many various reasons.  But the last few days she must have gotten a brave streak, because she decided on Wednesday of last week that she wanted to get it done Friday "because then she will just get it over with and not have to wait".  She asked me how much it would hurt and I pinched her earlobe with my fingernails really hard and told her there would be a sting and it would be there for 3 minutes.  She estimated based on my "pain guestimate" that she could handle it.  Dave and I were both OK with her having earrings, so when we made the trip to the Mall of America on Saturday morning (Kyle's wedding was 3:30 pm that day, so we spent the morning at the mall), it was the first thing we did.  We saw a Claire's store and went in.  Violet was very brave, and didn't even flinch.  Her eyes got wider on the second piercing, but hopped right down and smiled when she got to see them in the mirror.  She chose some little clear cubic zirconium studs.  She knows we have to clean them 3 times a day and reminds me frequently to get them cleaned.  Dave took a video clip using his phone, I will post it if I can figure out how to get if off his phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment