Monday, September 05, 2011

Sewing projects lately

I picked up some fleece a few days ago and have made a few things. 

1.  A hot pink diaper cover.  This goes over prefold or fitted diapers as a breathable water resistant cover.  When I hold her I love how soft and squishy it is.



2.  White winter hat with a pink heart on it for Vanessa.  I traced the pattern of a hat I bought a few years ago and really love how it turned out exactly how I hoped it would.  I love this design of hat because it keeps their head and ears really warm and when the ties are tied, they can't pull it off their head.


 3.  Two fleece jumper dresses for Vanessa.  I traced the pattern of a dress that she already wears and came up with my own.  I also used pieces of a white bed sheet that had ripped in one place making it unusable on a bed...the inner lining of these dresses is buttery soft.  I can use these over long sleeved shirts in the winter.

2 comments:

  1. Very impressive! Way to improvise and make your own patterns. They are all so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! Great job!

    ReplyDelete