Saturday, September 10, 2011

A first for Calvin - fell asleep on the floor

This is just something my kids never do.  I guess I can't say "never" anymore.  They don't usually just fall asleep anywhere other than in their beds and in their car seats on long drives. 

Today must have been exhausting for Calvin.  He was awake first as usual, went with Dave to the men's prayer breakfast at church, then joined me and the girls for lunch to celebrate Jay's first half marathon, then we had music practice at the church for 4 hours (took a really long time for some reason), then we got home and he crashed.  Upstairs in his bedroom on the carpet, he snuggled up with his favorite blankie and just fell asleep.  We left him there from 5-7 pm, and he woke up soaked through his undies and hungry. Poor kid!  He ate a big bowl of cheesy noodles and all 3 kids went to bed at 9 pm.

I did snap his picture, here it is:

3 comments:

  1. Well I think the first time Calvin fell asleep on a floor was at the reception for Jay's wedding...
    in his little black tux.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, I think you're right mom! I am pretty sure I have a pic of that too.

    ReplyDelete