Friday, April 22, 2011

My Grandpa Loren died

Sad news.  My dad's father, Loren Hardinger, died on Tuesday evening.  Last week he suffered a stroke at his home in Arizona, my grandma Rowena found him laying on the bathroom floor.  He was transported to the hospital, and they found out he had suffered two types of strokes (one blockage and one burst artery), each treated differently.  He declined quickly, and was transported to hospice so he could be as comfortable as possible.  Our family is not going to the funeral, but we will attend an Iowa memorial service later.  I am going to miss him so much!  I will miss his positive "yes!" and "whoop whoop!".  I shared with him a love for coffee.  The last time I talked to him he called us up to muse over how Calix stock was performing.  I'm so glad my kids got a chance to know him.  He (Rowena too! they were always together!!) was a very dedicated grandfather, and made an effort to come to many of my activites through my life; band concerts, diving meets, track meets, gymnastics shows and competitions, school graduations, birthday parties, visited us many times on the way to and from having their teeth cleaned in Mason City, and hosted us many times at their place in Albia.  He and Mama Rowena supported us in many ways after our house flooded in 2008.  He was very dedicated to his family and loved spending time with us.  I pray he repented of his sins to receive forgiveness from God for his salvation before his death.  I also pray for Mama Rowena to have a smooth start over to life now with out her husband.

A few pics:





No comments:

Post a Comment