Sunday, February 21, 2010

Calvin's talking

He is improving so much with talking (since not having his pacifier for about 4 weeks, and doing wonderfully I might add, he may as well have forgotten about it), so this may be my LAST attempt at doing this...I tried keeping up with Violet's words but after she turned 2 I lost count. Calvin just turned 2, so I'll give it a go. One thing he likes to do is refer to animals by their sounds, not the actual names of the animals, so that is why there are so many animal sounds. I guess it all started when he started loving kitties and called them "meows". I know he understands much more than he can communicate. roar wack wack (quack quack) meow moo woo woo (woof woof) der mo! (there's more) dite dere (right there) oh mo mo (no) deer oatmere (oatmeal) mommy daddy oh-tay (okay) yeah uh-oh, more dere, mom mmm-mmm (while shaking his head for no) and then whatever he is talking about. "mmm-mmm more" or "mmm-mmm bye bye" to say he doesn't want to do something. Lala (Violet) bye bib (big) beep (deep) why (wide) why wha? (what) pee poopoo baby muh (milk) "ah-buh-bye" (could mean anything, he has said this for months for many things, but recently means "a big bite") nanee (candy) bubbo (bubble) bop (pop) mum (gum) ree Eh-mo (read Elmo!) owie hah (hot) ah-pay (airplane) I dah dit (I got it) up mou (mouse) owl tractor ball du (juice) apple oh man whoa sti-ter (sticker) nana (banana)

2 comments:

  1. Your blog notes about the kids are just GREAT!
    I love the word list, the Dr. visit account, and the song report..each one a precious slice of their lives...sometimes ya just gotta smile!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree.

    ReplyDelete