Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Violet had a dream

And she told me about it earlier today. She said to me "Mommy, I had a dream that the baby just POPPED right out of your tummy! And the baby was crying, and crying, and crying. I gave her a blanket. Mommy, we need to go to the store and get the new baby a blanket because I don't think she has one in there!" I could tell she was deeply concerned about the baby's blanket and went on about it for some time, so I think that will be a good gift idea for Violet to give to the new baby. And we don't know the sex of this baby, but Violet often refers to the new baby as "she" and I have a strong feeling it is a girl. I hesitate to even write that, because it just makes me think I'm going to be wrong. I thought Violet was a boy before she was born, and I thought Calvin was a girl before he was born, so I'm 0 for 2. The score might change!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful Idea!

    You guys can go shopping and pick out a soft blanket...My Grandmother bought you a yellow one and Jay a green one not knowing if we'd have a boy or girl...and white or cream is always a good choice...something special just for baby.
    I'm sure Violet will feel as attached to the baby as her parents and will help you with chores...meanwhile give lots of attention to the middle guy! You know it's tough to be in the middle!!

    ReplyDelete