Thursday, January 22, 2015

Day 1 potty training Eli

Its a funny thing..."potty training".  Eli has been learning about the toilet for months now, and I could technically say that he's "potty trained."  But the term "potty trained" in this sense means...he knows HOW to use the toilet and has successfully done both tasks many times.  But as far as mommy goes, I haven't given the title to Eli as "potty trained" yet because well, he has worn diapers all the time and I've continued to change those diapers.  Have you heard the phrase "potty trained" enough in this first paragraph?  Probably.

Well, I just decided he needs to use the toilet.  He's a smart little cookie and communicating really effectively lately.  My vision is totally perfect now and I feel like life is possible.  So, he's wearing pull ups and I'm taking him to the toilet to do his business now.  I'm not going to wait for him to tell me he has to go, I'm making this a regular habit as part of his day now.  He's a pretty cheerful guy about it.  And so far he's only had one accident but has used the toilet all day.  I'm really thinking/hoping this will be an easy transition for him.  He called his pull ups something to do with swimming.  He saw them and was like "I want to go swimming!!" because he has worn a "pull-on" style swim diaper every time he's gone swimming recently.

So, it has begun.  I guess its helps me to blog about it so that it seems more official.  Facebook doesn't need to know but I'll blog about my little 2 yr old's potty habits. :)


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for blogging. You are right on, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Potty training boot camp time at the LaMarches.
    Treats for success, along with not-so-pleasant consequences for being lazy or forgetful...helps one to remember and be responsible. As of today, Eli will understand that pooping and peeing in the pants is no longer an option.
    He'll learn that one way or another...kids always test the rules...but hopefully once is enough.
    That's the deal and Eli will learn to deal with it.
    Simple, just demands that Mommy is consistent with the rules.
    Hang in there!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete